Interpersonal and Communications Skills Interview Questions

Interpersonal and Communications Skills

Success on the job, in part, depends on having good work relationships. Tell me of a time that you were able to get the job done because you had such a relationship with another person.

Describe a situation in which you success depended upon communicating with people from different backgrounds and levels.

Tell me about a time on the job when you had to handle a sensitive situation.

Describe for me a situation when you were a relative newcomer and saw people doing things in way you considered ineffective or inefficient. Talk to me about how you handled that situation.

Talk to me about how you dealt with a person who was inflexible. Give me specific tactics you employed.

Describe a situation in which you had to decide the best way to summarize, organize, and present complex information.

When working with people, we often find that one style doesn’t always work for every person – we have to be flexible in our style of relating to others. Can you tell me of a time when you had to vary your style with a particular individual?

Standing up for your point of view may not always be a popular position to take. Tell me about a time when you had to do that.

Has there been a time when you thought that you had a better idea than that of one of your supervisors? How did you handle the situation?

You’ve heard of the expression, “being able to roll with the punches.” Tell me of a time when you had to do that when dealing with a difficult person.

Tell me of a time when you had a miscommunication with a client or fellow employee and how you resolved it.

Describe a time when you had to communicate something unpleasant to a supervisor.

At one time or another, we all have had problems getting our point across. Give me an example of when this happened to you.

Tell me of a time when you didn’t communicate something unpleasant, but should have. What were the consequences?

Gaining the cooperation of others can be difficult. Give a specific example of when you had to do that.

0 Comments:

 

Make Money Online